Hello, friends! I’m changing things up with these weekly posts. Ready? Each week, I’ll give you a quick update on life around these parts, and Ten Things to Help You Make Progress on What Matters (with some fun ones thrown in too!).
Josh is turning one this Saturday! What a year this has been, filled with the most change I’ve ever experienced, aside from the year Ari became a believer. His nickname is “bro” so we are having a little family Bro-B-Q with brotatochips and broday cake this weekend. His birthday was one of the best days of my life for so many reasons. Mostly because it taught me about God’s faithfulness. More here in our little family update. In related news, we have had a wonderful first few days with out new nanny, Sarah. You can read her blog, follow her on Instagram, and even see her wedding that we featured on Southern Weddings a couple years ago. We love her, and she loves these little monkeys!
And now, 10 Things to Help You Make Progress on What Matters This Week (In no particular order!)
1. Learning new ways to cultivate relationships during this crazy season with two babies has been fruitful for me (and fun)! Check out the Fruitful Friendship series here on the blog this week:
2. Who knew this frizzy hair would stir such conversation??? Thank you for the encouragement and tips, friends. I’m grateful. Signed, embracing the frizz.
3. If you are doubting the path you’re on, read this post from my friend Katie.
4. “Rejection isn’t just an emotion we feel. It’s a message that’s sent to the core of who we are, causing us to believe lies about ourselves, others, and God.” Yes! My friend Lysa’s book, Uninvited, is a must-read. Lysa genuinely lives what she teaches. Case in point. This book is on the best-seller’s list on Amazon this week (along with this other great book I just started), for a reason. Get your copy, and catch the broadcast about rejection with her daughters tonight.
5. Prayer changes things. This new yearly prayer journal from Val Marie Paper has me excited. It even has a new section to pray about your goals for the month. I can’t wait to use mine alongside my PowerSheets for 2017 (which release November 1, by the way—mark your planners!).
6. Creatives, I highly recommend this writing course. Ashlyn is hilarious, wise, and knows her stuff. Register here, and use code MAKEITHAPPEN for $100 off. Side note: we featured Ashlyn’s wedding too : )
7. Join me next Wednesday for a free live class on how to start—or start fresh—with faith.
8. I got a Greetabl box in the mail from a friend, and was delighted. I then sent one to my mom to thank her for visiting us last week (and fixing up my whole garden!), one to my wonderful mother-in-love, and one to a friend. It was so easy, and I got to choose three photos from my phone to go with the card, which made it extra special. A great way to cultivate connection by surprising someone with a meaningful little piece of real mail.
10. Lastly, some encouragement: Email is just a bunch of decisions that need to be made. Make decisions. And go have a restful, intentional, connected-to-your-people weekend.
Making progress on what matters little by little,
This post contains affiliate links, which are no extra cost to you, but if you make a purchase using one of these links, we send our commissions to the Love One Another project : )