Welcome to 2016 Goal Setting! Anyone else get the heebee-jeebees hearing the words “goal setting?” Then, you are in the right place, my friend. We’re doing this differently. We’re sifting through all the noise and distractions, and we’re doing goal uncovering. We’re taking our time. We’re taking big leaps. We’re making what matters happen, little by little. If you are just joining us, you aren’t late to the party — there is nothing magical about January 1! Here are Part 1 and Part 2, for your reading pleasure. Enjoy and have fun working through each step!
A little recap:
STEP ONE: What have you been chasing? And how has that been making you feel?
STEP TWO: How are you? Evaluate your garden.
STEP THREE: What worked in 2016? And what lessons did you learn?
STEP FOUR: If you stopped chasing “perfect”—or whatever you’ve been chasing that is wearing you out— how would your life change? What does your perfectly imperfect “Messy 2016″ look like?
STEP FIVE: What hasn’t been working in 2015?
STEP SIX: Who helped you cultivate what matters in 2015? Who inspired you to live on purpose?
Now, onto Part 3! We have lots of fun things to cover today.
STEP 7: Read over all of your progress so far! This is important! Circle or mark things that stand out to you as you read through. Rewrite things. Add to what you’ve written. Refine and get messy here! Dig through what you’ve written so far and see if you can find any themes.
STEP 8: Write your list of what you are saying YES to in 2016 and what you are saying NO to. With everything you have written down thus far in mind, what are you going to need to say YES to more often in order to live on purpose in 2015, and what are you saying NO to? Think big picture here, and write down the things you are afraid to dive into, too. There is great potential hiding in your fear. Post your lists here in the comments to inspire others and keep yourself accountable. Remember: saying NO to one thing means you are saying YES to something better!
–> PowerSheets owners and book friends, just a reminder that the steps in this series won’t exactly match what you have, as you have more steps! I’m sharing pieces of the process in hopes they spark your own progress : )
STEP 9: Pick a core word for 2015. What one word most resonates with you for the year ahead? What word pulls together all that you want to make happen? Think hard about this.
I shared mine yesterday on Periscope : ) Catch the replay here…
Research words that resonate with you. Pray on it. Then, write your word here in the comments (and give a virtual high five to those who might have the same word as you — we are bound to have some shared words!). Then, write that word in prominent places so you are reminded of your focus this year. Put it on a post it in your car. Put it on a post it literally inside of your fridge (I have a post-it in my fridge!). Make it your computer desktop. Write it anywhere and everywhere to remind you of where you are going!
Okay, I’ll be back later today for Part 4 for anyone who wants to take this weekend to dig in!
Need an extra kick in the pants? Welcome to the Ultimate New Year’s Giveaway! There are lots of prizes and fun ways to enter. Most of all, though, I hope you comment with your answers from each step as we go through this series. One person who comments with answers to every step in this series will win a bonus prize: A (spiral bound) One-Year PowerSheets Workbook. Yep! I have two left in the office, and one of you is getting one! I’m determined to motive you to dig in with me on these powerful steps : )
1. A set of 2016 PowerSheets with a Make It Happen binder and colorful tab stickers
2. Five prints of your choice from the Lara Casey Shop
3. The Finishing School by Valerie Metrejean
4. The Make it Happen audio book, recorded by yours truly!
5. A Journaling Bible (NIV)
6. Five Make it Happen journals
7. Artist’s Loft Fundamentals Watercolor Set
8. Two tubs of Vega Protein and Greens + a Vega shaker cup. Bonus: sign up for a free Vega account to get $15, and I’ll get $15 too!
9. Ashley Brooke Too Legit water bottle
10. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?! 10 2016 Simplified Planners (pineapple daily edition). Yes, TEN of them! Lots of chances to win!
11. What good shall I do this day? sign from Best Made Co
12. Five Make it Happen books
13. Jonathan Adler Grapefruit Candle
– (Not pictured, but so fun!) $25 Amazon gift card for books. Some suggestions: Anything, RestlessEdit, The Best YesEdit, A Confident Heart, The Fringe Hours, or anything on Nancy Ray’s Book Club list.
14. The Write the Word journal collection – volume 1, 2, and 3!
15. Val Marie Paper Prayer Journal
16. Naptime Diaries print of your choice
17. In the Wait study by Holly Holt
18. Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
19. How to Study Scripture E-Book by Jane Johnson
20. Make it Count 2016 Bible journaling kit from Illustrated Faith
Enter below and be sure to leave your answers to each step as you go through the series with me!
Giveaway ends January 13th. Winners will be announced on January 15th here on the blog. Shipping some of these items can get costly, so hard goods are for US entrants only. Lots of digital prize options though for my international friends! If you don’t claim your prize within 48 hours, another winner will be selected, so mark your planners and stay posted! : ) Also, this post contains some Amazon affiliates links. No extra cost to you, but it helps us raise funds for Love One Another Project!