Hello, friend! How is it almost JUNE already!? I am having a baby next month (due July 31)! This is blowing my mind a bit, but I am feeling more and more ready thanks to an unexpectedly fruitful May. It was a challenging month and, in that refining, good things are starting to grow in our garden and in our lives.
Photos by my sweet friend, Robyn Van Dyke!
What’s new: I have been intentionally away from the internet the last couple months to get my head and heart in the right place for writing. Instead of digesting Instagram and pixels, I’ve been reading more than I ever have in my life! In May, I read Interrupted, Kisses from Katie, Radical, and studied a lot of the Bible. I highly recommend each of these books. They have changed me! Up next on my reading list for June: When Helping Hurts, The Irresistible Revolution, Shepherding a Child’s Heart, and more Bible reading.
What’s ahead: Lord willing, writing book two, running our business well, gardening with Grace, cultivating meaningful relationships, and growing a baby. Also, something fun is launching Monday, June 1. Don’t miss this. Sign up here to get all the details when it launches.
May PowerSheets Goals progress:
- Write to help others move forward to God. Yes, I wrote the tiniest bit, but more than that, my heart has been getting refined and prepared. I believe this month will be full of words, Lord willing.
- Complete the James Challenge (I’m writing out the book of James this month along with prayers related to each section — it has been awesome so far!) Yes, I completed this and LOVED it! I learned a great deal by slowly praying and writing through scripture. I plan to continue this in June with Romans 12. Writing the Word is awesome. More to come on this. Hint hint – new journals releasing in July!
- Lead an encouraging Bible Bunch, studying Acts 1-9 this month. Yes, it was a great night learning about God together! I love these ladies.
- Worship and please the Lord on our family vacation. Yes, this was the biggest highlight of May. Too much to say here, but this trip changed us. More here.
- Help others move forward to God at the Creative Women’s Summit — glorify Him! I hope I pleased Him with what I shared. I was grateful to be a part of it!
- Prayerfully introduce Write the Word in May or June. Coming this month.
Little by little, focusing on progress not perfection, I did well on my weekly and daily goals as well.
June PowerSheets Goals:
- Write the words He has for me.
- Cultivate fruitful relationships. Want to join me on this one? Be sure you are signed up for Monday’s launch!
- Read the Word and do what it says.
- Deny myself and take up my cross.
- Listen and lead well through an encouraging Bible Bunch. We will be studying through Interrupted this month and next.
Weekly goals: (lots of prayer!)
- Pray for church family
- Pray for friends
- Pray for family
- Pray for WORDS – truth
- Pray for our children
- Pray for marriage
- Pray for team
- Pray for Godly stewardship
- Write the Word
- Pray earnestly
- Exercise hard
- Clean green eating
- Deny myself
- My sweet friend Nancy had a baby this week — oh happy day! A few weeks ago, we spent time with the Rays and she captured these photos of us.
- We’re hiring!
- I’m pretty excited about this app release.
- Take a peek inside our new office and read about why we love what we do.
Here’s to a fruitful June!
P.S. Surprise — a big summer reading giveaway! Share this post (feel free to use one of the graphic below), sign up for my monthly encouragement email, and be entered to win one of these books for you or a friend: The Best Yes (not pictured because it’s so good and I loaned my copy to a friend), Interrupted, Kisses from Katie, Prayers for the Dreamer and Doer, Unveiled Wife, Radical, The Fringe Hours, Let’s All Be Brave, Enough, The Power of Starting Something Stupid, Just Rise Up, or one of five copies of Make it Happen — great summer reading for friends to do together! Simply leave a comment here with the book you want to win (for you or a friend) and let me know that you signed up and shared. The more you share, the more entries you get. My hope is to get great books in your hands and encourage as many people as possible to join us for the good things coming Monday.
Winners will be announced on the @LaraCaseyShop Instagram Friday, June 12!